More and more I have been finding items of clothing reminiscent of 1960’s. Many of the latest trends, like shift dresses and crazy patterns, are a nod to the decade. While I don’t suggest dressing full-on 1960’s (unless you’re going to a costume party), there are some great ways to channel this iconic time in fashion while still staying current. Here are some of my favorite 60’s throwback items.
- Patterns like stripes and checks are popping up in every store, so it won’t be hard to subscribe to this trend. (Forever 21 Checkered Midi skirt)
- Whether in the print or in the fabric, daisy and floral designs are prevalent these days. “Flower power” has made its comeback. (Dolce Vita Anja Daisy Organza top)
- You can find platform shoes of all shapes and sizes to complete your 60’s inspired outfit. (Cole Haan Chelsea Open Toe sandal)
- A mod shift dress is perfect for the day time and a great way to bring the 1960’s to work. (Forever 21 Bejeweled Neckline shift dress)
- You can add just a touch of 60’s through your accessories, like enamel or plastic statement jewelry. (Lulu’s You Really Dot Me Now earrings)
- Or accessorize with over-sized sunglasses and channel your inner Jackie O. (Miu Miu Noir Thick Geometric Cateye sunglasses)