Chocolate Covered Gummy Bears
This is one of the simplest candy snacks to make — you only need three ingredients and an extra hour to spare.
- 1 12-oz bag chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate, but you can use your favorite)
- 2 5-oz bags of gummy bears (or equivalent)
- 1 tsp canola oil
To dip your gummy bears in chocolate, there are a few different methods.
- Using your fingers — this requires no preparation, but you must be careful not to burn your fingers on the chocolate. Your bears will only be half-dipped.
- With a toothpick (the method I used) — this required preparation and adds an additional step in the overall process. Your bears can be fully- or half-dipped.
- With two forks — you can use two forks to handle and dip the gummy bears. Your bears will be fully-dipped.
Line a backing sheet with parchment or wax paper.
Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler — put the chocolate chips in a glass bowl over a pot of water on medium-high heat. As the water begins to simmer, the steam will start to melt the chocolate. Continue to stir the chocolate chips, ensuring that all pieces melt evenly.
Once the chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and stir in the oil. Dip your gummy bears using one of the three methods and place them on the baking sheet.
Let cool silghtly (about 10 minutes) before placing them in the refridgerator to harden.
(Additional step if chose method 2 with toothpicks) Remove from refridgerator and let sit out for 5-7 minutes. The bears will have hardened in the fridge and will need to loosen up before you can remove the toothpicks. Once they are a bit looser, remove the toothpicks, and return to the fridge.
Remove and serve!